Tuesday 8 March 2011

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

There is absolutely no connection but it seemed appropriate that, in the week that Jane Russell died, Janine acquired a long blonde wig.

I will confess to finding the new look a little disturbing but it has generally been well received.  It was fun to walk into the back of church on Sunday and say I was looking for a blonde and she was saving me a seat.  If you were sitting behind us - yes that was my wife.

Anyway, this is a quick update to tell you that Janine’s platelets are back where they should be and if there is a bed available we can take her back in tomorrow and get started on the still dreaded but inevitable third cycle.  It wasn’t this way at the start of this morning.  Janine was told first thing that her platelets were still too low.  Unfortunately, the nurse had been reading last week’s blood test.  Oh dear.

So Floor 16 UCLH here she comes.  I wonder what the room and the view will be like this time.  Pictures will follow.

I’ll leave you with some words from a song that we sang on Sunday that never fail to lift me.

You conquered the grave
Now my debt is erased
You rule, you reign
Forever

Amen to that. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment